At Orion, your embedded solutions partner, we offer a variety of switches for our military and industrial customers. We understand that these industrial customers require different products compared to networking products found through standard retail channels.
Orion Offers Two Types of Compact PCI Switches
- Ethernet – Ethernet switches have been used in networks for decades. These switches act as a sort of gatekeeper, controlling the flow of traffic into and out of a corporate network. At Orion, we offer a variety of ethernet switches to meet your needs. Contact our sales team to learn about various ethernet switches that are available for purchase.
- PCIe – Our PCIe switches allow you to have various port configurations with ease. All of our PCIe switches offer what is called Hot-Plug support, as well as Peer-to-Peer data transfer. PCIe switches allow our customers to eliminate some of the electronics and cost of clustering machines, while also providing lower latency than ethernet.
Our Top of the Line PCIe Switch – VPX1402
This 3U VPX Carrier Card with Switch offers a whole host of features used by many of our military and industrial customers:
- 16 lane PCIe switch connection
- Variety of configurations of the 16-lane PCIe Interface to the VPX Backplane (Contact Orion for information on how we can tailor a switch to your application)
- PCI-X 32 bit 66 Mhz PMC Interface
- 1 Mini PCIe slot
- 10W power dissipation
- No external drivers required
- Availability in conduction and air cooled models
- Tolerant of high temperatures
Security Always Our Top Concern
Whether you choose to use one of our ethernet or compact PCIe switches, your security will always be our top concern. With a large number of industrial and military customers, we always do whatever we can to keep both your hardware and data secure at all times. As a proud ITAR Registered Manufacturer, we offer a guarantee that your equipment will be safeguarded from anyone who may use it maliciously. For more information on our different types of switches, feel free to contact us today at 407-476-2120.