Not recommended for new designs.
The Orion VME7555 Single Board Computer (SBC) is the industry’s most flexible, rugged, high-performance PowerPC SBC for VME64x.
The VME7555 features the power of 1, 2 or 4 Freescale 7457 PowerPC™ processors each running at 1GHz. Processor options with an unparalleled complement of I/O via the customer configurable “Personality Modules”, it can adapt to almost any Military, Industrial or Commercial application.
The VME7555’s Gb Ethernet ports, six serial ports, 16 GPIO, Firewire and PMC P14 IO are all accessible through VME connectors P0 & P2.
The ability to automatically detect whether to function as a high-performance system controller or an intelligent peripheral card allows the user to migrate from one application to another without hardware reconfiguration.
- PowerPC™ Freescale MC7457 at 1GHz
- 512KB L2 & 2MB L3 Cache per Processor
- Single, Dual or Quad Processor options
- Extended Temperature & Rugged design
- On-board temperature monitoring
- 53.5W typical power dissipation (quad)
- 1GB soldered DDR SDRAM with ECC
- On-board Compact Flash
- VME64x bus A32/D64 (Universe II)
- 64-bit/133MHz PCI-X PMC slot (PrPMC)
- Customer Configurable I/O via Personality Modules
- Three 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
- Two RS-422/485 Serial ports
- Four additional configurable Serial ports
- Thirty General purpose I/O
- 512MB NVRAM
- PMC front panel & P14 Rear I/O
- Auto detects System or peripheral functionality
- RTC, GP, WD & timers
- COP/JTAG Debug headers for each CPU
- Single-slot 6U
- Various Operating System Software Support
- U-Boot ROM Monitor Debugger